Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merge rows from 2 dataset one below the other

SrinivasanSugumaran
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have two outputs which need to be merged first and then apply certain logics. Can you pls help in part 1 which is appending/merging  the 2 datasets one below the other.

Dataset 1:
contains only header

TabnameRows10203040

Datset 2:

contains both header and values ( the dates in the header cols are dynamic and are subject to change)

TabnameRows2021-01-012021-03-012021-06-012021-09-01
tab1a1234
tab1b5678

Output:

Output to be in the below format.
1. Merge dataset 1 and dataset 2 one below the other (but ignore the headers in dataset2)

TabnameRows10203040
tab1a1234
tab1b5678

I can proceed with render tool if this is the only output required, but after merging  I need to apply certain logics again, not sure how to proceed (as after render tool I don't think I can bring in select/formula tool to apply logics)

thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @SrinivasanSugumaran ,

Since the first dataset is just header information, this is a great time to use the 'dynamic rename' tool. This tool will let you dynamically rename fields based on different criteria (formulas, first row of data, data from another source, etc). In this case you can rename the fields in dataset 2 based on the field names in dataset 1. 

I've attached a sample of this. More info on dynamic rename

Luke_C_0-1617546849285.png

SrinivasanSugumaran
8 - Asteroid

Hi  ,

thanks a ton !!. It worked perfectly.

Regards

Srinivas

Labels