Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro for Password Protected Excel Input Tool

SH_94
Bólido

Dear community,

I have downloaded the macro as per the link Password Protected Excel Input Tool - Alteryx Community and would like to ask how we can use the macro if we imported the excel file as per screenshot below:

May i know how should i fill the options for the field file string and field password string as per screesnhow below? I have also attached workflow and excel file for your reference.

The excel file password is alteryx

SH_94_1-1656246640767.png

3 RESPUESTAS 3
Luke_C
Cástor

Hi @SH_94 

If the password is just 'alteryx' then add a formula tool, create a field called password, and just type 'password' as the formula. This field can then be passed to the macro.

Note: For things like this you should export the workflow as a yxzp (Options>Export Workflow) so the macro is included in your attachment.

SH_94
Bólido

Hi @Luke_C ,

Thank you for your prompt response

May i know how about File String as per screenshot below: Which options i need to choose?

SH_94_0-1656253800167.png

Thank you.

Luke_C
Cástor

I'm not familiar with the macro but I'd imagine full path might be the best option. Unsure if you need to add the tab name.

Etiquetas