Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro execution

arkimp
8 - Asteroid

1.  I have created a standard macro which will be executed by other analytical app(which has country selection and file browse) .  If we don't select any file, macro should not be executed.  Can anyone help on this. 

2.  If there anyway we can stop macro execution  based on some condition (inside the Macro) ?

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @arkimp,

Would a solution like this work for your first question:

IraWatt_0-1653236805897.png

Replace the brows with your macro. If the file brows has no data the container will close and the macro will not run. What kind of condition are you wanting to use to stop the macro internally? The test tool can be used to fire an error message based on certain conditions. 

IraWatt_0-1653236971002.png

arkimp
8 - Asteroid

I have 3 files (File browse ) connecting to macro.  If all the three selected , then only Macro container should be enabled.  How can we achieve this? 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@arkimp you can use a formula like this:

IF length([#1])>0 AND length([#2])>0 AND length([#3])>0 THEN 'False' ELSE 'True' ENDIF

IraWatt_1-1653242613546.png

arkimp
8 - Asteroid

Some how this is not working.  I have connected three different action tool and it is working.  Thanks

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice one @arkimp, didn't know you could do that :) glad you got it working

Labels