Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Look the Same But not Showing Match

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I have this code number for example IAS 7897. I am trying to locate a match by using the join tool but it seems off. I can't understand why it is not showing match considering they look the same.

Can someone to please help me determine why they are not match and make them match. I have attached sample data for your reference.

Thanks and hope to hear from someone.

Kamen

7 REPLIES 7
shancmiralles
10 - Fireball

hi! try using a data cleansing tool first... 
spaces may be factor that is why they are not matching..

choose
"leading  trailing whitespaces" and " tabs, line breaks, and duplicate whitespace" for both files..

@KamenRider 

Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

@KamenRider - the example you provided matched up for me no problem. Can you provide a larger sample? 

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @Bren_Spill @shancmiralles 

Have you tried running it with Alteryx? It does not match with me. I have tried using the cleaning tool and it is not working. Actually my only problem for this record is the IAS 7897. I am not sure why. Please help me on this. Added more records attached.

not showing.PNG

Looking forward for your response.

Kamen

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Somehow there is an extra character @KamenRider - Find Replace would work then

shancmiralles
10 - Fireball

Hi @KamenRider 

I know it doesn't work.. 

That's why I'm asking you to use a "data cleansing too" for both file before feeding them to your " join tool"

Please follow the instruction I gave you on my previous reply.. 

Cleaning data is one of the basic and first thing you need to do in data preparation and transformation/ analysis . 

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@KamenRider Using a select tool convert your data type from V_WString to V_String then you will see the extra character which was preventing the join to match

image.png

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Thank you so much @binuacs , You solved my problems. Now I can easily compare them as match or mismatch. Another learning from changing the data types from V_Wstring to V_String. Thanks. :-)

Kamen

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels