Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Location tracker based on time

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

Can you please help me understand how can I filter out on Min/Max time  based on locations. Please see the scenario below and find attached excel and package workflow for reference. Thanks in advance. 

Scenario: 

There are only two entrance doors a person can use to get into the premises. (HMGBR5_Main_IN & HMGBR5_SNEAK_IN). Similarly, there only two exit doors. (HMGBR5_Main_OUT & HMGBR5_SNEAK_OUT). 

• Batman - Batman is a shift worker start in the middle of the night and finished in the morning. Even though he used SNEAK_IN & MAIN_IN doors but his Start Time will be 12:22:57 a.m. for 13th Sept 2020 as he used that does to come in at the first instance on that day. His finish time is  9:59:55 a.m.
  • Charlie - Charlie is a shift pre-grave shift worker starts at 16:16:15 p.m. on 13th September 2020 and continues to work until next morning. But, technically he did not finish on 13th Sep 2020. So, below is the desired outcome for him. 

Desired output: 

One card number/name per row per day as per desired output tab in excel

8 REPLIES 8
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

HI @udles5666 ,refer to the attached workflow.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

I went through the solution but it does not look right. 

The data looked all right until Crosstab (27). I tried swapping start time and finish time at the end select but that didn't work/

Screenshots attached for reference.  

Can you please have a look again? Thanks

The End Result should be ass per below for example:

Potential Case Card NumberPotential Case NameCompanyCase DateStart TimeFinish TimeEntry GateExit Gate
59960CharlieHolly Molly Guacamoley Brands (AU) Ltd13/09/202016:16:15 p.m.null/blankHMGBR5_Main_INnull/blank
59994BatmanHolly Molly Guacamoley Brands (AU) Ltd13/09/202012:22:57 a.m.9:59:55 a.m.HMGBR5_SNEAK_IN

HMGBR5_Main_OUT

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

I had a look at the solution but the end result do not match. 

The data looked fine until crosstab (27) but after text to columns it doesn't match the expected outcome. 

I tried swapping Start & Finish time in the end SELECT tool but that was also giving me incorrect results. 

Can you please have a look again?

Thanks,

Expected Outcome.JPG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @udles5666 , I tired fixing the issue. Please test it.

grazitti_sapna_0-1600404706544.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

Many thanks again and much appreciated. 

The issue looks fixed for Batman & Charlie. But when I look at Taylor, it looks weird. 

Since Taylor did not arrive through either of Main_IN or Sneak_In door the desired output for Entry should be Null just like Charlie has null for exit gate and finish time. 

Attached screenshots for reference. Thanks again.  

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @udles5666 , fixed please check.

grazitti_sapna_0-1600415676013.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
udles5666
8 - Asteroid

So sorry to be a pain!

But now it looks like data has gone missing. Example Darren - Came in on 12th Sept but data is not there 😞 

Attached for reference. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@udles5666 , check now.

grazitti_sapna_0-1600418202573.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels