Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List all distinct values grouped by column

felipeecst
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

What would be the best way to list all the distinct values of my input data grouped by column?

I know I can achieve that by setting a Unique tool for each of my columns, but I have lots of columns, and it would be better if I could automate that.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
If you TRANSPOSE the data and uncheck any columns that have know discrete values (e.g. Acct number, address, sales amount) then you can use the UNIQUE tool on Name & Value to see your list.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
DultonM
11 - Bolide

Hi @felipeecst! Try downloading and using the "List Field Values" macro I saved out here in the Alteryx Analytic Gallery (you'll need to be signed in...same credentials as the Community). I made it for exactly what you are talking about. Each field's list of unique values are listed side by side in the output. Let me know if you experience troubles!

Labels