Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Join and Sort Issue

kpere007
5 - Atom

I'm aiming to match the final sorted state of data displayed in the new image I've uploaded. To sort data to match this final state in Alteryx, I've use the Sort tool with the following configuration:

Annual Transactions: Descending

Upon comparing the provided screenshots of the sorted data, I see that there is a discrepancy in the order of 'Customer_ID' 787 in the two sets of results. In the correct order (My results), 'Customer_ID' 787 should be listed as the last record because it has the lowest number of 'Annual Transactions' (86), and the other sorting criteria ('Annual Transactions') do not affect its position due to it being unique in this subset.

I have checked the data type, and the data type is V_string. After making any necessary changes, re-run the workflow and check the results again. How can I sort data and optain the Final State print screen?

2 REPLIES 2
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Annual Transactions - DESC

Customer ID - ASC

Zip - ASC

Store Number - DESC

Try this?

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
kpere007
5 - Atom

Calvin, thank for the suggested solution, it did not work. Can you take a look at the yxmd file and let know if my data is correct. I've tried to many ways and still can't understand why I can't match the final state.

Labels