Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Join Tool not working

marymgimenez
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a workflow which was working earlier and suddenly stopped working. 

The join tool has no output at all, it has nothing for Left, Join, and Right output. There are incoming values from both Left and Right. 

I copied the incoming records to a Text Input and that is working but in the Join it is not. I tried to recreate the WF in a new canvass and still it is not working. 

Please help. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @marymgimenez 

Could you post up a screenshot of your workflow/join configuration, or share the workflow?

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

hi @marymgimenez 

You tried to add any other tool after your Join, like even a browser or a select tool? A few older builds had bugs like that, showing records just have other tools after the one with issues.

Another test you can do is to test the Join multiple tool and see if that works and fit to your needs.

marymgimenez
6 - Meteoroid

Here are the images for the Inputs and Outputs of the Join tool. I've been rebuilding for the past 3 hours and nothing is working.

Left Input.JPGRight Input.JPGLeft Out.JPGJoin Out.JPGRight Out.JPG

SergioCamposs
7 - Meteor

Hi @marymgimenez 

This problem usually happens for a 2 reasons:
1 - Did not find a match between the join key items. (only results in anchors L and R would result)
2 - Before the tool, there was some problem that didn't pull the information to the tool.

Hope that it helps you, See Ya

Labels