Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join Team Hierarcy to SharePoint User list

LLWest
5 - Atom

I've got 2 files (a team hierarchy from Remedy and a SharePoint user list of individual) that I need to join together in order to create a record in SharePoint for the SharePoint workflow to send an email notification. Each level of the hierarchy is a different field in SharePoint so that it executes the first workflow to the manager, and in 2 weeks to the Director and so on.   I'm unable to figure out how to join the Hierarchy with the user list so that I get the email for each individual but maintain the hierarchy structure.

The Remedy file has the team name along with manager, director and VP for each team.

File 1: Team Hierarchy (from Remedy) 
TeamManager NameDirector NameVP Name
Team 1Manager 1Director 1VP 1
Team 2Manager 2Director 2VP 2
Team 3Manager 3Director 3VP 3
Team 4Manager 4Director 4VP 4
Team 5Manager 5Director 5VP 5
Team 6Manager 6Director 6VP 6
Team 7Manager 7Director 7VP 7
Team 8Manager 8Director 8VP 8

The User list of by each individual.

File 2: Email Addresses (from SharePoint)
NameEmail Address
Manager 1Manager 1@company.com
Manager 2Manager 2@company.com
Manager 3Manager 3@company.com
Manager 4Manager 4@company.com
Manager 5Manager 5@company.com
Manager 6Manager 6@company.com
Manager 7Manager 7@company.com
Manager 8Manager 8@company.com
Director 1Director 1@company.com
Director 2Director 2@company.com
Director 3Director 3@company.com
Director 4Director 4@company.com
Director 5Director 5@company.com
Director 6Director 6@company.com
Director 7Director 7@company.com
Director 8Director 8@company.com
VP 1VP 1@company.com
VP 2VP 2@company.com
VP 3VP 3@company.com
VP 4VP 4@company.com
VP 5VP 5@company.com
VP 6VP 6@company.com
VP 7VP 7@company.com
VP 8VP 8@company.com

Preferred output would look like:

File 3: Team with hierarchy and email addresses    
TeamManagerManager Email AddressDirectorDirector EmailVPVP Email
Team 1Manager 1Manager 1@company.comDirector 1Director 1@company.comVP 1VP 1@company.com
Team 2Manager 2Manager 2@company.comDirector 2Director 2@company.comVP 2VP 2@company.com
Team 3Manager 3Manager 3@company.comDirector 3Director 3@company.comVP 3VP 3@company.com
Team 4Manager 4Manager 4@company.comDirector 4Director 4@company.comVP 4VP 4@company.com
Team 5Manager 5Manager 5@company.comDirector 5Director 5@company.comVP 5VP 5@company.com
Team 6Manager 6Manager 6@company.comDirector 6Director 6@company.comVP 6VP 6@company.com
Team 7Manager 7Manager 7@company.comDirector 7Director 7@company.comVP 7VP 7@company.com
Team 8Manager 8Manager 8@company.comDirector 8Director 8@company.comVP 8VP 8@company.com

I tried to join on the name, but it only joins the one field and not the hierarchy.  I know it's got to be easy, but it's got me stumped.  any insight or help is appreciated.  thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try using the Transpose tool while grouping by Team Name (to keep things grouped together by team), which will put all your Manager/Director/VP names in one column as values... then join that Value column to the list of names + emails using a Join or Find & Replace tool. You can then Cross-Tab the results back to get to your original layout (with a little tweaking...) - I included a workflow that shows a few tricks using Formula and Multi-Field Formula tools to get the data parsed in the right fields... hope that helps!

Cheers,

NJ

LLWest
5 - Atom

Thanks so much!   this worked perfect and I learned about the Multi-Field Formula that I would have never thought to use before. 

Labels