Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join Multiple input

DiyaR
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx community,

I am trying to combine 3 inputs. Below is also my desired output. When I use multiple join and transpose, it fails to give me output. Clearly I am complicating it. Please Help!! Thank u

DiyaR_0-1621443821782.png

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @DiyaR 

There is join multiple tool just for this purpose of joining multiple tables.

Here is the documentation https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/join-multiple-tool and

And i have attached an example workflow.

If you still have issues please provide data as excel we can help you out.

Hope this helps 🙂

DiyaR
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, I tried it but it didn't work because my Rg. number repeats again as a column. I have attached my input and desired output in excel.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @DiyaR 

Ok even i faced the same issue. Reason is RG No. is present in different source RG No. column when it was not joined. Here is what can be done.

atcodedog05_0-1621446612305.png

I am using If else formula so when source 1 RG No. column is not null take RG No. from source 1. If it is null it goes to next elseif source 2 RG No. column is not null take RG No. from source 2. If both source 1 & source 2 RG No. are Null then take it from source 3 RG No. After that i am using a select tool to filter columns.

Hope this helps 🙂

DiyaR
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, it worked.. I tried and it also worked with Join and then union 🙂

Labels