Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join Data and Verify Info Down the Column

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

Hello there,

I am trying to validate data across two systems with multiple borrowers and guarantors. Let's say ABC Corp, first guarantor "Ana M" needs to match in the second system (system B). So, I am checking if that guarantor name is spelled correctly or if it's even included in the second system. The problem is the data isn't in order and I can't guarantee that just sorting the fields will work. Any ideas where I can verify the guarantor's info across systems when the data isn't in the right order? 

System A
Borrower NameGuarantor NameGuarantor Address
ABC CorpAna M123 Happy St
ABC CorpPaula A400 Paula St 
ABC CorpPeter J100 Peter Av
Smile IncPaul J333 Paul Av
Smile IncAna N777 Ana St
Bank Inc Bank J1 Bank Dr

System B
Borrower NameGuarantor NameGuarantor Address
Bank Inc Bank J1 Bank Dr
ABC CorpPaula A400 Paula St 
ABC CorpPeter J100 Peter Av
ABC CorpAna M123 Happy St
Smile IncAna N777 Ana St
Smile IncPaul J333 Paul Av

Thank you so much!!

3 REPLIES 3
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@Kristie_Pires You can use a Join tool. Just choose which fields you want to join on. Since System A data is the same as System B data, it'll all match up.

Join Sys A to Sys B.PNG

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

@Prometheus Thank you - maybe I oversimplified in my example. In reality, the data isn't as clean, so it won't match up exactly. For example, the Borrower Name on System A is "Paula A" and on System B, it's "Paula AA". I need to be able to look at those two names and say on my validation "Data Do Not Match".

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@Kristie_Pires You can use a Join tool and flag anything that doesn't join. You can also add Fuzzy Matching to the mix for those records that didn't join. You can configure it to output unmatched records along with the match score.

Labels