Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro and rendor tool

CaoimheC
6 - Meteoroid

I have created an iterative macro:

This macro takes data from a master excel file and replaces data within the report text tool. As can be seen below. When I do this within the macro is works perfectly. However, when I bring the macro over it does not. 

clipboard_image_0.png

The file is supposed to take the chosen samples and all the information included with them from the join tool and then autofill the document within the information with the report text tool to produce pdf. versions in the render tool. 

Everything is working bar the autofill of data from the macro into the render tool. 

clipboard_image_1.png

11 REPLIES 11
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @CaoimheC 

Can you provide a copy of the macro and a sample of the data, so I can see what's going on?

CaoimheC
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a mil! I really appreciate it. 

It's currently only working for one as you will see when you run the sample workings macro but I need it to work for all in the joining tool sample. 

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @CaoimheC 

First, I opened Sample workings.yxmc, but I can see it is configured as a Standard Macro, but no macro tools within it (I think it should be a workflow (.yxmd)

I can't test it cause I don't have the Address 3.xlsx data file.

I'll see if I can see anything else.

BTW, sample macro.yxmc is a Standard Macro Too.

Can you help me understand what are you trying to achieve?

CaoimheC
6 - Meteoroid

Apologies, find attached. Thanks again

CaoimheC
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @aguisande

Thanks for your help. 

I'm trying to create 8 separate reports for each of the companies within the excel. 

Replacing the information within the report text tool in the macro with the information from the join tool in the sample workings. 

CaoimheC
6 - Meteoroid

Apologies I'm very new to this and maybe over complicated it. 

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

No worries man! We're here to help!

I've been "playing" with your workflow.

Is this what you're trying to achieve? if you confirm, I can tell you how to do it.

clipboard_image_0.png

CaoimheC
6 - Meteoroid

Yes that is it exactly! 

I need to produce separate pdf's for all the different companies. 

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Great!

So, is simple to achieve this.

This is all you need:

clipboard_image_0.png

The join part, you already have it (but I still don't get why, you're using only the Excel data in the report).

Report Text is "almost the same", but I saw that your filed names (square brackets mostly), somehow are interfering with the right outcome. So I added a select Tool to clean the field names, and put the Report Text in the workflow (So I can grab the field names & values from the actual data).

I changed the referenced fields within the Report Text Toll, to point to the new field names.

finally, to get the 10 separate PDF files, I added a RecordID and configured the Render tool as follows:

clipboard_image_1.png

Attached you'll find the workflow.

Labels