Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issues with Exporting Workflows that contain Wildcards (.*) in Input Tools

nikhilnijhar
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone, I am currently facing an issue whereby my exported workflows that include the usage of Wildcards in the input data will have an error and need reconfiguration.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how I could possibly avoid using the wildcard to input a dynamic amount of files that are located in a folder?

I have already tried creating a batch macro that uses a directory tool to update the full file paths and output the entire dataset, but unfortunately the directory tool also uses a Wildcard within its 'File Specification' tab. 

I would appreciate any workarounds that do not include the usage of the Wildcard when inputting a dynamic amount of files, or perhaps a possible solution that doesn't result in an error when exporting workflows with Input tools consisting of the Wildcard.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

hi @nikhilnijhar 

Here is the good article, written by @AkimasaKajitani, on how to include associated files in yxzp package when wildcard * is used in Input tool.

https://analytics-x.tech/en/archives/5435

nikhilnijhar
8 - Asteroid

hi @gawa , thank you for the article. It was very helpful with ensuring that all the input files were included.

Unfortunately, the recipient of the workflow still receives an error (invalid directory) when trying to run the workflow and will need to re-link the directory as the file path does not change.

Is there any way to get around this and ensure that the file path changes dynamically as a regular inputted file usually does?

gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@nikhilnijhar That should be because of absolute path(C://user/hoge/file1.csv). Rephrase the path to relative path(.\Inputfile/file1.csv)

To do so, you have to make structure of folders like this, and put all input files in "Inputfile" folder.

image.png

With this, please try again the method introduced in the above article.

nikhilnijhar
8 - Asteroid

hi @gawa , it works now with the relative path.

Thank you for the help!

Labels