Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with Union

vrajgopal
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am trying to combine 12 quarters data (2019 -2021) of different segment using union. Its a simple union without any filters. Strangely after union, data for one segment is not showing correctly. I can see only 2019 data for one particular segment.

Segments in data

1- AIDE

2- CRDC

3- CSEC -  after union data is visible only for 2019

4- JAWS

Attaching the workflow for reference.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Vishwanath

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@vrajgopal 
There are 8 entries in the column "Technology Use Case" for "Cloud-ready Data Center" appearing in CRDC and CSEC.

These 8 entries get summed during your last Summarize tool after union.

0329-vrajgopal-1.PNG0329-vrajgopal-2.PNG

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @vrajgopal - You don't loose it, you aggregate it. Each dataset has 6000 records. The output of your union contains 24000 records, which is expected.

However, the you use a Summarize tool. The way you configured gives you the result you have. CRDC and CSEC both have "Cloud-ready Data Center". That is why Achievements in both of them are aggregated and you don't see them separately. 

vrajgopal
7 - Meteor

Thank you. I had the data wrong and I was wondering why the Union is not working

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@vrajgopal 
Glad your issue is resolved now. thank you for the accept mark 😀

Labels