Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Internal Deadlock Error

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hello All,

I am using some sample data from the Alteryx data store to build a quick functionality demo. 

When running the workflow, I am getting the error below which is prompting Designer to load indefinitely (and crash). I've restarted the application many times and confirmed that I dont have any of the data sources open locally on my desktop.

gautiergodard_0-1666104930027.png

Any thoughts on the issue?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@gautiergodard Can you try with the AMP Engine is on

binuacs_0-1666105854095.png

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Thanks @binuacs , confirming AMP was on. I just double checked and am still getting the error.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@gautiergodard I am not getting the error while AMP is on (erroring out without AMP Engine). My version of Alteryx is Version: 2022.1.1.3056. 

binuacs_0-1666107071509.png

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@binuacs 

Looks like this was AMP related, but not something fixed through the user settings, instead I had to uncheck the "Use AMP Engine" option in the Workflow Configuration window. Thanks for the help!

gautiergodard_0-1666110909166.png

malgoro
5 - Atom

I am experiencing the same issue as Gautiergodard. My workflow uses a cross Tab tool. I am using Version: 2022.1.1.42590. My workflow was created with the AMP Engine on and it is freezing. I have disabled the use of AMP Engine without opening the workflow, but I continue to get the error. I cannot make any changes whatsoever when the system is frozen. Does this mean that I have to create the entire workflow again from scratch?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@malgoro Yes, you need to create the workflow again with the AMG off or if possible update to the latest version 

malgoro
5 - Atom

thank you :(

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

Hi
Just wanted to add to this conversation that I'm seeing the error when using the Cross Tab tool and the AMP Engine switched to on, when calculating row based or column based aggregations. For example, if I select Total Row or Total Column, I get the error. When I just include an Aggregation such as Sum, I don't get the error. 

Just wanted to record the same error I'm getting.

Jacob

Labels