Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interface tool for Select

Farriyajawed
7 - Meteor

I am trying to get an interface for a select tool where after selecting the file in the app, the user can map the Account and Amount fields to the one in their file. 

I have the fields renamed in the workflow but there is a different file every time with different headers and I need them to map Account to Account in their file for the summary tool to work. 

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
19 - Altair

if feld names change - you'd need to choose chained app.

app 1 -> read in file - see columns.

app 2-> use two dropdowns to map your files.

I'd recommend using dropdowns connected to dynamic rename set with:

If [_CurrentField_] = "Test" then "Account" else [_CurrentField_] endif (in your dynamic rename set in formula tool -> action tool replaces specific string Test.

If [_CurrentField_] = "Test" then "Amount" else [_CurrentField_] endif (in your dynamic rename set in formula tool -> action tool replaces specific string Test.

Farriyajawed
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Would you have an example workflow of how the chained app are set up with a select tool. I think that would help clarify it. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Hey - my advice is not to use a select tool. It's to use two dynamic rename tools. Have you built a chained app before? 

Labels