Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart Tool sorting with Transform/Split

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

Hi. I faced problem with Interactive Chart Tool sorting when using option Transform/Split.  I sorted data for X axis before connected data to the tool, but after using option Transform/Split the Chart tool gives priority in sorting to the field that used to split date. I created two different example, I hope their illustration will help me to describe what I mean. What I need is to keep sort like in first example regardless values in field that used in Transform/Split.  

Workflow with sort by total count of CountryWorkflow with sort by total count of Country

Correct orderCorrect order

Wrong orderWrong order

Thanks for your help. 

12 REPLIES 12
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @vlad_kutateladze ,

Can you share your workflow ?

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

@Jean-Balteryx  Sure. Thank you! 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

In your Input Data, there is only one row with Germany and the value 7.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is the workflow with two rows for Germany and the correct visualisation.

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

Yes, only one row with Germany and the value 7. Because that is when the problem arises, when Country have different Sport category than others. In case of two rows I have also everything correct. I created two different scenario just to show case when sorting works correct and case when problem arises.    

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Ok, so what's the sort you need to have ?

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

I need to sort Country by total number. In this example - to keep order in second chart like in first  one. In both case Germany have count 7.  But in second chart it comes after Spain which has count 5. 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I get it now, I'll work on it !

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here it is ! I added the football to Germany with value 0.

I'll work on a version that creates all combinations so it should sort the right way whatever the values.

Labels