Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input name --> Output name

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I have a .csv file and on that file I made some modifications. At the end of the workflow, I would like to save the output into the same folder and with the same name as the input BUT with .xlsx.

Could you please help with this?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
hellyars
13 - Pulsar

The Output Data tool will allow you to do that.  Just set the destination to the same and make sure you have the output set to XLSX.   or am I missing something.

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

I missed to mention the the input has always different names. It is in the same folder but with different input names.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Ah, that makes more sense....

It is doable....

You can carry over the filename of the input file as a field and use that field in the output filename.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

I have a crude approach.  You would need to modify -- again if I understand correctly.

Import the file name and path as a field.

Use a Formula tool to replace .csv with .xlsx.

Use the formula tool again to add the sheetname to the end of the desired file location.

Set the the Output tool to take Table Name from Field set to File Path and File Name...  make sure Option 2 is set to xlsx and Option 3 is set to Overwite Sheet or Range (if you plan to run it a few times).

hellyars_3-1665673539374.png

Input Tool

hellyars_2-1665673355784.png

Formula Tool

hellyars_1-1665673331091.png

•  

Output Tool...

hellyars_0-1665673311606.png

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@bakaidora 

Just in case that last image of the Output tool configuration got cut off. 

The important part is at the bottom -- where you tell Atleryx what field to use for the path and filename.

hellyars_0-1665674139919.png

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

@hellyarsthanks it was the perfect solution.

Labels