Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If Contains not working properly

bwat2435
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am having issues with the "contains" function not picking up words. I have no doubt it's a simple mistake of mine but I can't pinpoint it.

In the attached sample dataset, I am trying to identify all line items with the words "fire extinguisher" however they don't seem to be getting picked up. 

370 are being picked up, but 1224 are not. Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong here?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @bwat2435 ,

that was a bit of a strange one. It looks as though the case of the string is causing a problem, even though it looks fine on screen. I added a "Data Cleansing" tool after the input, and modified the case on the "Asset Description" field to Title Case and that seems to have fixed the problem. Odd though.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @bwat2435 ,

just tried it - I think, the missing records are removed by the filter condition "E3 Advisory Rate Desription" IS NOT NULL

2020-10-19_13-20-46.png

Hope this is helpful-

Best,

Roland

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @bwat2435 

Looks like you just needed to build out you IF statement a bit more. See attached 😉 

Hope this helps! If it did please mark as solved so others can benefit

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@bwat2435 
The space between Fire Extinguisher of your formula is something wrong.
Reinputing it fixed the issue.Capture-1.PNGCapture-2.PNG

Labels