Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to replace values in one column based on matching criteria of other columns?

kanety12
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am working on trying to create a dynamic workflow for a colleague. I am trying to find a way to create a formula that will help to replace values in column numbers based on matching characteristics. I have already transposed the data in my screenshot below and am trying to update data in the final 3 columns to reflect matches in other data. So, in the screenshot below, every instance of Column28 [Name] and GLSS [ Unit Submission] should have "GX00" as the unit code. Every instance of Column30 and GLSS should have "H101," and so on and so forth. There are 170+ columns for some of these unit submissions, and that can vary year to year for us. So, I am trying to make a dynamic formula that can adjust based on whatever data is possible. I can't change the [Value] column. While it has the information to populate those last 3 columns, it also contains the dollar information we are looking for. So currently I used a formula to populate the last 3 columns with the [Value] column. I want to replace all instances of "0" in those last 3 columns so that each state has the correct information with it.

Is anyone able to help with this?

Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 2023-09-22 082027.pngScreenshot 2023-09-22 081944.png

1 REPLY 1
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@kanety12 While using a conditional formula for some values is great, if you're trying to replace a whole mess of values (I say minimum of 5), I would use the Find Replace tool instead. 

Labels