Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to render a map with the Browse tool

AliAS2020
8 - Asteroid

Hello guys,

I just started learning Alteryx with ADAPT program and I was learning tool by tool when I noticed that in the Understanding_Data_Types the sample project has a map view rendering the trees planted in NY however I can't find how to add the map tap to the browser where only "Profile" tap is showing.

Happy Alteryxing

AliAS

3 REPLIES 3
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @AliAS2020,

Try looking at the datastream coming into the Browse Tool.  If it has a spatial object in it (like the Centroid below) it will actually say in the data that you can view it in the "Browse Tool Map Tab"...

ggruccio_0-1589320149235.png

Which then appears here:

ggruccio_1-1589320251752.png

AliAS2020
8 - Asteroid

@ggruccio,

Thanks a lot for pointing me to that, I couldn't find the files in the resources to practice with it so I loaded the project and outputted the data from there, and I think the spatial pairs of the coordinates dropped while saving.

Appreciate the help. 

AliAS2020
8 - Asteroid

Found this lesson by @ChristinaB that explains how to create spatial objects from X and Y, it was helpful to fix my data set.

Creating Spatial Objects

AliAS 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels