Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to get the column names into my formula

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

This is my output:

TeamCityDepositsRight_TeamRight_CityRight_DepositsResult
RaptorsMontreal5000000RaptorsMontreal5000000Matched
CanadiansMontreal100000   Data 1 Unmatched in Data 2
LeafsToronto200000   Data 1 Unmatched in Data 2
RaptorsToronto100000   Data 1 Unmatched in Data 2
   RaptorsToronto10Data 2 Unmatched in Data 1
   LeafsToronto2300000Data 2 Unmatched in Data 1
   CanadiansMontreal1500000Data 2 Unmatched in Data 1

As you can see it compares like columns.

However in my rsult formula, is it possible to switch it from "Data 1 Unmatched in Data 2" to something like

Row 2 result would be - Data 1 unmatched in Data 2: Team, City, Deposits.  

COuld this be done?

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

convert to string. add a record id. transpose - use recordid as a key field. use a formula tool to extract if [Name] contains "Right" or not - call it "source" (or something). group by recordid/source/concatenate [Value] with no delimiter. join on recordid. compare if the two concatenated values are equal. if they are  "Matched" if one source is empty - then you can build your logic etc... join this new field back to your original data on recordid.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

If you want to add where specifically the [Name] field doesn't match you'd do the same kind of transpose. You'd remove the "Right_" suffix from the data2 fieldnames. Then you'd summarize group by record id/name and count distinct values in value. filter where the distinct value is not 1 and then concatenate the name field by record id - this would tell you which fields in each records don't match.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@apathetichell  anychance you can recreate the workflow?

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

Use 'Multi-Field Formula' tool to get Column names

Screenshot 2023-06-23 133613.png

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@nagakavyasri thanks, the only issue is the the columns loook to be hardcoded here -

IF Contains([Result], "unmatched") THEN [Result]+":"+[Team]+","+[City]+","+[Deposits] ELSE [Result] ENDIF

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

Updated workflow, let me know if this helps:

Screenshot 2023-06-23 163647.png

Labels