Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to create output password protected XLSX files in Alteryx

Srota
5 - Atom

Requirement is to password protect excel file using Alteryx. Found few threads in community which points to the macro which creates password protected excel file but currently the macro is missing/removed from the community.

Any help will be appreciated on the same.

7 REPLIES 7
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
Srota
5 - Atom

Hi @messi007 ,

Thanks for your reference link but the macro I downloaded still I cant find another reference macro "Output Password Protected XLSX.yxmc". If this missing macro can be shared will be helpful to refer.

Srota_0-1642411511992.png

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Srota,

Attached the workflow and the macro.

Please check the accepted solution of this post : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-Password-Protected-XLSX-macro-w...

Akimasa explained well how to link the macro with the workflow 

Regards

Srota
5 - Atom

Hi @messi007,

Thanks for sharing the workflow and the macro, the same I am referring, but that macro(ProtectedExcelBatchMacro.yxmc) is using another Macro(Output Password Protected XLSX.yxmc) and that is missing.

Srota_0-1642414656497.png

If you can share the macro "Output Password Protected XLSX.yxmc" that will be really helpful.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Srota,

Strange, I'm facing the same issue. Looks like they deleted the macro from the public gallery.

I'll check if there is another solution maybe using R or Python.

Regards,

Gwendicott
5 - Atom

I am circling back to this function after about a year and ran across your post. 

Have you been able to develop/discover a work-around for the missing macro embedded in the "ProtectedExcelBatchMacro.yxmc" ?

Gwendicott_0-1652697033511.png

Thank you in advance for your feedback and assistance.

AlexAung
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all, sharing the original macro file I download previously. Hope this helps. You need to call that macro from a standard workflow. And enter all the necessary parameters.

ExcelOutput_Workflow.png

Labels