Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create different excel files from one column in a table?

sakshim
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I need help in creating different Excel files for each product from each row. I have a table having unique information about 10 products in a table. Now I want to create 10 different files for each product having name as "Product Name"  & 1 row in each file. For Instance,

below is my table :

Product Name PIDP_CategoryMarketCurrency
A1EdibleAPACINR
B2Non-EdibleUSUSD
C3EdibleAPACUSD
D4EdibleUSUSD
E5EdibleUSUSD
F6Non-EdibleAPACUSD
G7Non-EdibleEuropeGBP
H8Non-EdibleEuropeUSD
I9EdibleUSUSD
J10EdibleUSUSD

Requirement: Create separate excels for each Product and having data related to that product only

1 file - A.xlsx

Data : 

A1EdibleAPACINR

2nd Files - B.xlsx

Data :

B2Non-EdibleUSUSD

Similarly for rest til J

Regards,

S

5 REPLIES 5
seven
12 - Quasar

Hi

add a formula tool and construct a field, for example output_name. This field has the path of the output files concatenated with the Product Name field you have.

seven_1-1596289296219.png

Next, connect an Output tool and set the options at the bottom to change the entire file path and take it from the output_name field you just made. Then you're done!

seven_0-1596289266866.png

sakshim
7 - Meteor

Hi, It is giving me an error , Stating you must specify sheet name .Also, If I have let say 4 lines for Product A and 10 lines for product B then will this club all lines pertaining to said product will come in 1 file ? or there will be seperate file for each row

?

I want to have only 10 files pertaining to each product irrespective of the number of rows associated to specific product.

thanks

seven
12 - Quasar

Hi,

sorry, I made a mistake. Do this.

seven_0-1596329104697.png

seven
12 - Quasar

Here is an example

sakshim
7 - Meteor

this is really great..... actually helped to save a lot of time...

Appreciate your help.

THANK You

Labels