Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to calculate network days

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to calculate KPI days that should not include weekends. Eg - If KPI due date is 5 days from today, it should automatically exclude any saturday / sunday that falls in between , if any . So Friday KPI due should actually be on Friday  following week.

10 REPLIES 10
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@simasarry123 

Find in attachement one way of doing that.

Let me know if this solution solves your issue or not.😉

Emmanuel_G_0-1675451368668.png

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@simasarry123 

Just for fun😉 !

Another method using iterative macro. The first one works too.

Emmanuel_G_0-1675452214964.png   

Emmanuel_G_1-1675452226471.png

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @simasarry123 

As your requirement is simple, where you need to calculate the KPI for 5 days from today excluding weekends.

Here is one way of doing this.

ShankerV_0-1675452308876.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@simasarry123 One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1675452696518.png

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

I got stuck at a point since it would give same KPI due for all entries in my sheet. I basically have a KPI due date column with each date being different. I need to arrive at a new kpi due date after eliminating weekends between date document submitted by each customer and kpi due date.

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for sharing the workflow. :)

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

@ShankerV - your solution is super easy. I just had to make minor tweaks to the formula and it works perfect without me having to add any extra tools in my workflow. Thanks a lot !

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs does this work for multiple KPI dates in the same column? Basically I have a KPI column with different KPI date for each customer based on when they submit a document. I tried this method but it took the same KPI due date for all the customers in my data sheet.

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @binuacs @Emmanuel_G and @ShankerV for the solution. Each of these solutions would work I believe but in my situation, I Could arrive at the desired output by using the formula tool to calculate the KPI due date as suggested by Shanker.

Labels