Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Open an excel with values being given dynamically , referring an other excel sheet

vencric
Asteroide

I am reading a config sheet, and based on the values present there, i'm trying to open an excel with corresponding values. pls help me 

30 RESPOSTAS 30
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @vencric 

You can use IF formula like below.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1635766411393.png

Hope this helps : )

vencric
Asteroide

but i can do it , only if the programs were run successfully .. what if it got failed... Also now i'm getting an error

vencric_0-1635766677631.png

vencric
Asteroide

Hi atcodedog05, Actually is it possible to store the variable from an excel and pass it as parameter
Like.  Program CAdence Value

ABC         Yes        GHI  

I have to pass "GHI" to another workflow as a parameter... pls let me know.. Thanks

vencric
Asteroide

Can you pls help on this

vencric
Asteroide

hi @atcodedog05 , is it possible to trigger the, Alteryx workflow using PEGA Openspan tool...any idea on how to trigger it for RPA purpose

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @vencric 

As far as I know, I don't think you can trigger Alteryx workflow from other applications.

vencric
Asteroide

Thanks @atcodedog05 .. Regarding the comments to be updated as completed successfully i can use IIF Command , but  , only if the programs were run successfully .. what if it got failed

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @vencric 

If all were successful then the workflow will not throw error is not successful then the workflow will throw error has you experienced previously.

vencric
Asteroide

Got it!!! but how to capture those errors alone ?

vencric
Asteroide

hi @atcodedog05  how to use excel files from Sharepoint

Rótulos