Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Enable/Disable the joins interactive with the User inputs

ravi061
8 - Asteroid

Hi Guys,

I am developing a workflow for the business user, Please Observe below screenshot

ravi061_0-1681918073428.png

Here A, B & C are the data connections, User wants a report that he will select columns in the data connections, according to his selection, he needs the output to be delivered. 

Example: If he selects, A & B connection, then A&B join output should be activated/generated

If he selects, B & C connection, then B&C join output should be activated/generated

If he selects, A & C connection, then A&C join output should be activated/generated

Thanks in advance for the reply, much appreciated...

2 REPLIES 2
ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

Not sure whether this is what you were aiming for

I set up a flow where a drop down menu where you choose the combo of inputs you want to join is available.

Then this updates the containers to either activate or deactivate.

ed_hayter_0-1681921352060.png

The logic that updates the value is conditional:

if [#1] = "AB" then "FALSE" ELSE "TRUE" ENDIF which updates the disabled information in the container.

I think what it might miss is that it does not let you control the selected columns - but you could probably build interface tools in to handle this

ravi061
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ed_hayter,

It helped, i am checking with selected columns using interactive tools. If i got anything, i will update here.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Labels