Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Enable AMP Engine

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hello Alteryx!

Requesting your assistance how can I enable AMP Enginer on this Controller.  I am unable to save the workflow in the gallery. It is always set to original (QUEUED status):

PassION_es_0-1665125082051.png

Thank you in Advance:)

4 REPLIES 4
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@PassION_es,

You have to activate it throw Alteryx server settings :

messi007_0-1665126381967.png

Hope this helps!

Regards

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hi @messi007, Thank you for answering my question.  However, I can't find the location of Alteryx server settings.  So what I did is to transfer the workflows to the existing one not in used the gallery and delete the old workflow name to where the warning error occurred.  

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@PassION_es,

another solution is to disable the option from the designer :

messi007_0-1665138926939.png

Regards,

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

Danger Will Rogers! You might want to triple check your results from anything AMP. Long story short, AMP messes up the most simplest of tasks & gives wrong results. I'm on 2022.3 & it still can't tally columns from the Running Total tool. In my company Slack channel, I'd say at least 80% of issues are resolved by having the users turn off AMP. I'm not sure why Alteryx defaults to the engine, the first thing I always do in go to user settings & turn it off. 

Labels