Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Create a Table in Snowflake with Alteryx?

McBrideW
5 - Atom

How can I create a table in Snowflake using Alteryx?

11 REPLIES 11
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can use the Output Data tool to leverage the ODBC connection you set up to Snowflake on your machine. Super quick and easy!

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is our help article for setting up the data source properly: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/snowflake

McBrideW
5 - Atom

Hi Brandon - I need additional information when using a S3 bucket.  What is the proper pre SQL statement which allows me to choose Role, Warehouse, and Schema?  See print screen below.

WilliamMcBride_0-1607540471020.png

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Hello

@BrandonB 

How can we create a Single Table for SnowFlake . 

In addition when the workflow run multiple times only Date should be deleted and update with a New one and Not Full Table should be created again

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rohit782192 rather than clicking snowflake bulk loader in the drop down of the Output Data tool, I suggest navigating to it via the UI

BrandonB_0-1673580001754.png

It will then prompt you for the ODCB connection that has been set up and ask you for your AWS access key and secret key for staging. 

BrandonB_1-1673580055022.png

You also have the option to use a Local stage (User stage, table stage, or other internal named stage)

BrandonB_2-1673580096406.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you are looking to just do an update, I would suggest using the regular ODBC connection, as bulk connections only allow for Create New Table, append existing, delete data and append, and overwrite table (drop)

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

@BrandonB  I want the Table to create Once and update multiple times . Only Truncate no delete

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rohit782192 it sounds like delete data and append is the option you will want to take. This option "Deletes all the original records from the table and then appends the data into the existing table." It does not delete the table itself, only the records within it prior to writing the next set. 

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

@BrandonB 

Can you elaborate more like where is this Option Present.

I am unable to search. It would be of a Great Help.

Labels