Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Comparing Three files

bsakrani
5 - Atom

Hi, I have three excel files (Product Codes, Product Codes 2 & Product Codes 3) that i want to compare. Each file has product codes that overlaps with either file or all two files. I want to create a workflow where i can see a joint in three files and see the overlap. I am attaching product codes files that i want to compare. any suggestion?

3 REPLIES 3
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @bsakrani 

Yes, Its possible. 

You can use the join tool and the J node helps to fetch the output where there is a match.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @bsakrani 

Here is the output which you are looking for.

There are 271 product code which is common under all the 3 files which you have shared.

ShankerV_0-1670429128254.png

Hope your issue is resolved. Feel free to mark helpful answers as a solution, so that future users with the same issue can find them easier!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @bsakrani 

You can play with joins to check what product code are over lapping the other dataset.

Product Code 2: Has 4615 records

Product Code 3: Has 3499 records

When we wanted to check the overlap between these 2, I see all the 3499 records from Product Code 3 overlaps with Product Code 2.

ShankerV_0-1670429436917.png

Feel free to mark helpful answers as a solution, so that future users with the same issue can find them easier!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

Labels