Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help regarding input tool.

anonymous008_G
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Can someone please guide me on how I can extract data from multiple tabs of an Excel sheet using a single input tool? Currently, when I connect an Excel file to the input tool, it asks me to select either of the tabs, but not multiple at a time.

Please advise if someone knows the solution.

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @anonymous008_G, there's a knowledge base article here outlining the steps you'll need. If you have sheets with the same schema then you're going to want to follow option 2 and if not then take a look at the batch macro - option 3:

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart-1583459854309

anonymous008_G
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the article, seems like article is about how we can import multiple files using wildcard or macro but in my case I have one excel file with two different sheets and i want import data from both of these sheets using one input tool. Is it possible?

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@anonymous008_G if they are the same schema, have you tried the dynamic input tool?

anonymous008_G
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Guys, dynamic input tool works for me

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@anonymous008_G glad to help could you mark my post with the dynamic input tool as the solution too please?

Labels