Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Big Query: The specified bucket does not exist when using Normal Output Tool

vibes360
8 - Asteroid

I get this error when using the BIG QUERY BULK LOADER DATA SOURCE in the Output Tool and I have ensured that my table name is correct. How do I solve this issue?

Failed to complete write to Google Big Query: The specified bucket does not exist.

I used different bucket names such as  prj-edw-sandbox.New_analytics.STORAGE ,  New_analytics.STORAGE, STORAGE 

6 REPLIES 6
Raj
16 - Nebula

@vibes360 
The error you're encountering suggests that the Google Cloud Storage (GCS) bucket specified in your Alteryx configuration does not exist or is not correctly referenced.

In the Alteryx Output Tool configuration for Google BigQuery, try using the bucket name only and  is correctly entered without additional table or project names. It should just be the bucket name, not prj-edw-sandbox.New_analytics.STORAGE or New_analytics.STORAGE.

hope this helps.

vibes360
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I tried all these things you said and it didn't work. I need a specific syntax or template on how to connect to a Google Cloud Bucket in Google Cloud. Also, Alteryx is confusing with their language. A Google Bucket is a folder to store random files, a table is a database that can hold tabular data. I don't even know if Alteryx is referring to a Bucket or Table with their statement

Raj
16 - Nebula
vibes360
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the article but honestly, it does not solve my issue as Alteryx does not specify how to connect to a bucket in Google Cloud in the article. All my Input connections in Google Cloud work just the write has an issue

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Do you have a GCS storage bucket already connected to your BQ DB? Do you have access to  the storage bucket api (ie can you create/access a GCS storage bucket?). I'd look into that. Storage bucket naming conventions should be mystoragebucket-for-my-bq  - It will not have a period or an uppercase character in it.

vibes360
8 - Asteroid

Hi, you are correct as the storage bucket name should not have any prefix. However, I noticed that the connection only worked when I put a dataset name in my connection settings even though Alteryx said a dataset name is not compulsory.

Thank you for your support here

Labels