Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula based on Joined Summarize

DC19
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I am looking to use a Join tool to combine two sets of data. The first (select) has one row of data and the select has only selected 5 columns .

The second (summarize) has one line of summarized data with 5 different individual fields and values. 

How do i Join these two together in one item so i can then use the formula tool to create a formula based off the numbers from both sets of data. Preferably the join output would be in one line of values with the column name 

Appreciate any help. 

Many thanks

DC19_0-1599040122598.png

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Can you share sample input data?

Can you use the Join tool with the option Join by Record Position?   If not, how are the records from the Select related to the records from the Summarize?

Chris

DC19
5 - Atom

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your response, these fields are not related that is the problem but i need them in the same row in order to use the formula function effectively.

This is the output from select

DC19_0-1599042743604.png

While this is the outcome from summarize

DC19_1-1599042831710.png

Many thanks for your help

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Hi @DC19, ideally you would have some key field to join on, but as you mentioned, you don't have that. Take a look at the Append tool:

BrianR_0-1599047814557.png

That should allow you to get your values on the same row for your calc - in my sample, I mocked up your displayed data, and this is the output of the Append tool:

BrianR_1-1599047855935.png

Let me know if this would work for your data.

Brian

DC19
5 - Atom

That works perfectly thanks 

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Excellent glad it worked!

Best,

Brian

Labels