Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

First 3 rows as Field name

gauravdang
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

i am trying to use a concatenate of first three rows to form field header names. i can use dynamic rename to make first row as header but that doesnt solve the purpose.

Example snippet below

gauravdang_0-1656674494584.png

Output required

instead of 6 i am looking for Estimated Gross Profit, then for 7 i want Estimated GP Margin and so on. Similarly for field 12, i want Costs To Date as Field or Header, whichever way you call it.

Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @gauravdang,

Heres a simple way to do this:

IraWatt_0-1656674933682.png

I used the summery tool to concatenate the field names:

IraWatt_1-1656674960250.png

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can you link attach your example data @gauravdang ?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Here's one way I can think to do it, ought to be fully dynamic as well:

DataNath_0-1656675302851.png

gauravdang
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the response. this is super helpful. Once query though, when using summarize tool, and then concantenate i removed "," and replaced with a space, however i still see commas.

gauravdang_0-1656676177247.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @gauravdang

can you show the configuration of you summarize tool? Or attach your workflow or sample data?

gauravdang
6 - Meteoroid

gauravdang_0-1656676976318.png

Note that Separator box has been tested as blank, with space and with comma. All spit out the same result.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@gauravdang that seems good, and if you click on the concatenate for field 1 and 2 it is the same?

gauravdang
6 - Meteoroid

Yes.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@gauravdang Does the workflow I sent over do the same? 

Labels