Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Finding records that are not common between two tables

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

As a simple thing, I am using join tool to pick common records between two tables that are having different columns.

But, I also need to see records that are not common between both tables. So, case is:-

* I am joining two tables based on common field OrderID 

* But there are some orderIDs that are not common between both tables. For instance, some OrderIDs are available in table A but not in table B and vice versa 

* So, I need two different lists of data which will be:-

- From table A, orderID that are not available in table B. with such OrderIDs I also want to have other columns(from table A) as well just to check what information we have in those columns. And same information I need to have from table B

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Vikas038 The Alteryx Join tool has three outputs, L, J, and R as separate subsets of your data.  If you examine the output of the L (left), you will see the records that existed in the left data set, but do not match with records from the right.  The J (join) output provides only the records that are common between the two data sets.  And the R (right) output provides the records from the right that don't match with those on the left. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Combine-Join-Output-Anchors-...

Labels