Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering by County - Geo mapping / Spatial Question

ABHalpain
7 - Meteor

Attempting to Pull Search Criteria to show only Motels within 50 miles of Yavapai County. The top line is the unfiltered results. The second line is the expected results. I am hoping to make this dynamic as the counties will change on nearly each workflow. Any help would be great!

Workflow question - County filtering.png

6 REPLIES 6
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can you get the polygon of Yavapai County? That way you could compare the spatial points in your data to the polygon and limit your data that way with either the Distance + Filter or the Find Nearest tools

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ABHalpain 

You can consider doing an app with UI to (i) select the county and (ii) specify the range. There are very good recorded trainings on app on Academy that you can check out to get started or refresh.
Cheers,

Dawn.

ABHalpain
7 - Meteor

Let me give it a try.  Won't lie I was only thinking in terms of Filters, didn't even think of going down the polygon rout.

ABHalpain
7 - Meteor

Interesting.  Let me take a look into this, I will take a look in academy as well thank you!!

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

How would you get the county name then for your filter?

In this case, I'd look at the Allocate Input tool to get your county - here it is on my end:

Filtering by County.png

ABHalpain
7 - Meteor

Thank you @alexnajm and @DawnDuong .  Here is the updated workflow that seems to be working.  The only piece that is not acting the way I would expect is the dynamic piece for the App.  When I update the county, it is not pulling it through.  Other wise we did put it in an App with the UI to select County, and we did use the Allocate tool with the buffer tool and spatial match to get there.  Thank you both for your help!!

Updated County Filtering.png

Labels