Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering based on visit duration (GPS Points)

gradstudent0998
5 - Atom

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to filter mobile data based on the duration of a visit sequence such that visitations that are less than 4 mins and more than 240 minutes are removed from the original dataset.

I have Mobile location data with Hashed Device ID (unique ID), long, lat, date, and time. In a single day, the unique ID is duplicated many times / Day, reflecting a ping for location. Also, the IDs are random each day, which means that similar IDs on different days are not the same mobile phone.   So far I've been able to calculate the time difference and cumulative time between pings on the same day using the multirow formula (by choosing grouping ID and Date).

Here's an example of what I'm looking for. The red being the rows that need to be removed

snip 1.JPG

However, I need to filter to eliminate movement sequences that are less than x minutes and more than y hours. Would truly appreciate any help on how to proceed with this.

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

You can calculate the total duration then use a join as filter.

gabrielvilella_0-1668232352211.png

gradstudent0998
5 - Atom

That works perfectly thank you so much!!

Labels