Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File layout challenge

fieldew1
7 - Meteor

Hi, I need to put all the information from the attached layout in one line as per example below. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Txn TypeTimeDateTxn NoTill OperatorCard Number:Old Points Balance:Points Awarded:Points Redeemed:New Points Balance:
Loyalty Points Adjustment07:0427-Jun-240078-01-2222224047: @jackie66666xxxxx000000000x82010
12 REPLIES 12
Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

You basically have 4 segments here, so one route could be 

Select Tool - Time, Date, Txn No, Till Operator

Select Tool - Txn Type

Text Input - create a field called blank and include as many rows as required (this might be better to do with a generate rows depending on how dynamic it needs to be)

Separating the data and doing transpose and cross tabs should get it aligned

Then you can union everything together

Something like this

Data manipulation Solution.png

fieldew1
7 - Meteor

Hi Bolide,

Thanks for this! Would there be any chance for you to attach the workflow please?

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Sure

fieldew1
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the workflow and apologies for the confusion. I actually need the opposite so the format in the screenshot to the format in one line, I hope this makes sense. Thanks

apathetichell
19 - Altair

post excel files - not screenshots of excel files. I'd also recommend two examples (entries) so we can see if it's mutliple files/sheets per line - or one sheet with a slew of entries each seperated.

fieldew1
7 - Meteor

These are two files - input and output (format I'm trying to achieve).

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Thanks - but how would a second entry look in the input file? Ie row 2 in the output file.

fieldew1
7 - Meteor

Hi, there is only one entry which is the input file, no other entries/files. The file isn't very user friendly so I'm trying to find a way of getting all date in one row as per the output file. However, if you mean something else please elaborate. Thanks 

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Ive added to the other file I sent, since I misread your initial post. 

Labels