Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File browse interface

ADRIANTJ
5 - Atom

I am trying to load an excel file with multiple tabs and load them to different inputs, as you can see in the picture 

Capture.PNG

I was configuring the action tool like this, but everytime I run the workflow as analytic app, it requests me to select the name of the sheet to load, but I want to load the file without asking which sheet to read, I know I'm doing something wrong in the configuration tool, I hope someone could help me, thanks in advance!!

Capture2.PNG

:

2 REPLIES 2
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ADRIANTJ - I can see that you Union all Sheets together after you read your file. That's why I'd like to suggest you a different approach to read your data. Note, this will work only if schema is the same across all Sheets. Otherwise, you'd need to use a batch macro.

ArtApa_0-1612075303206.png

Here is a link to a batch macro example that you can modify to read all Sheets with different schema: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-Multiple-Fi... 

Kiran_M11
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am trying to change the File Browse label,

Can we change the File Browse label dynamically, when we Run the analytical app.

Thank you

Kiran_M11_0-1658238830051.png

Labels