Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File Browse for multiple streams using the same Input file

Pranab_C
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx champions, I need help. I am working with the Alteryx analytical App to be accessed from gallery by the users, I am using R code to extract information from a PDF file (Input File-1) and want to use the same file as a .CSV file to extract information(Input File-2), I want to make sure that the user does not have to select the same file again. I want to have it selected once and go to these two different workflow streams.

2 REPLIES 2
SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

If I am understanding the issue correctly, you want to use the file browse tool to populate two different data streams. All you need in this instance is a second action tool off of the file browse allowing the same file to be used in two sections of the workflow. You can also do chained apps where you pull the file in one app and then it is leveraged in additional workflows through apps that run on success of another one. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120 

Pranab_C
8 - Asteroid

Thank you this was helpful.

Labels