Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File Browse Tool - maintain First Row Contains Data selection

domlow
7 - Meteor

Hi all, relatively new here appreciate some assistance.

I've built a workflow and included the "file browse" interface tool to allow the workflow to work with any similar .xlsx files the user desires.

As part of my workflow, the option, the "first row contains data" box is checked. 

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 4.45.48 PM.png

However, when I run the workflow with .xls it seems there is no way to maintain that selection, I only realized it wasn't selected when I ran the workflow in debug mode.

Any tips on how we can run the workflow with a different file each time with the above selection?

Or should we only stick with .xlsx files?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar

first of all, .xls and xlsx is different. you may change in the config to see the different.

second, you may check the action tool.  (tool between interactive tool and input tool)

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @domlow ,

as @Pang_Hee_Choy pointed out, xlsx and xls are fundamentally different file formats. You will therefore need two inputs to handle this.

I've built an example workflow app that should work:

mceleavey_0-1637332525310.png

This determines the file format and feeds this into each container as a formula. This basically closes off the appropriate box depending on what format you select.

This works now for whichever one you select.

hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Labels