Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Extracting Wrong data from PDF

Tdalvi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Guys, I am using PDF Input (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/PDF-Input/ta-p/887038) to fetch data from pdf. from some of the pdf i am getting data like the below screenshot. 

can anyone help me to identify what is the issue and how I can resolve this? 

7 REPLIES 7
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Tdalvi,

Do you have an example PDF I wanted to try it with my PDF Reader Tool - Alteryx Community. I am not sure what would cause this, may be a good idea to ask about this on the gallery page for this macro also.

Tdalvi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi  IraWatt,

sorry, I cannot share a pdf containing the company's info but I tried the tool you mentioned in the comment and i am getting data like this. Is there any setting I need to do to get full pdf data, also pdf containing Invoices.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Tdalvi,

Looks like my tool is reading the data correctly. The Tool does get the full PDF. If you double click on the cell it will show all the data:

IraWatt_0-1658492232730.png

You can parse out the data however you want. Here is one way with the text to columns tool:

IraWatt_1-1658492314052.png

Tdalvi
6 - Meteoroid

Tdalvi_0-1658492779673.png

This is What I am getting.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Tdalvi,

Gif3.gif

Just to check if you add a brows tool after the PDF tool and scroll up and down in field info there is no other information? The gif above is what I would check ^

Otherwise I can have a look for a blog which outlines a few other methods to read PDF's.

Tdalvi
6 - Meteoroid

Tdalvi_0-1658494041641.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Tdalvi In that case I would recommend checking out some of the other options suggested on this thread: Solved: Importing PDF file into Alteryx - Alteryx Community

Labels