Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Exeption parse error line - render tool

erikasandmark
5 - Atom

Hi! 

Multiple of my colleagues and me included experience problem with the render tool, I get the error "Render (130) Exception parse error line: 1 column: 40 invalid byte 'k' at position 2 of a 3-byte sequence". Do any of you know where to look for the error and how to solve it? Please also see attached error from my colleague.

Capture.PNGCapture 1.PNG

Thank you in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@erikasandmark This error might be because of the non-ascii characters in the data. Can you try to remove the non-ascii characters using a regex before passing to the render tool

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Elegantly-remove-all-ASCII-characters-...

erikasandmark
5 - Atom

@binuacs

If I change the output mode to "temporary excel 2007 sheet" it works, but if I want to choose a specific output file (still xlsx) then the error appears.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @erikasandmark ,

how are you specifying the output file folder, name and format?

Can you share the workflow? we don't need any data, or mock data will be fine.

M.

Bulien

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

For everyone, I just had the exact same error with a customer. What fixed it was simple:

They had the German character "ä" in the filename of the render tool, replacing that character resolved it. The assumption is; every non ASCII character in the filename of the render tool might produce the error seen in the screenshot.

Labels