Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Exception parse error line: 5 column:350 Expected an attribute name

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello Everyone!

I'm trying to generate some PDF with rendering tool. Some of them are not on english language and I believe the special characters are the ones causing the error.

I did fixed the error for the spanish version PDF using a formula tool ConvertFromCodepage. But the Portuguese language ones are still generating error message.

This was the first error i got with this ones:

eravelo_1-1590776884513.png

Someone told me to use RegEx tool and replace with this formula: [^x20-x7e]+

but then this other error apeared.

eravelo_0-1590776649001.png

can someone help me with this?

6 REPLIES 6
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HI @Inactive User 

Can you successfully render to other file formats besides pdf?

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi 

No I tried multiple format but all of them gave me the same error

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Even .pcxml/Composer ? That's Alteryx's native reporting format, if that doesn't render there's probably issues to address before rendering.

It looks like you're creating the layout fields, then editing the characters. Try reversing this sequence. Perform all the character replacements on the data, and then the last two steps would be layout and render. 

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello.

I  tried using the formula before the layout, but then layout tool stoped working.

I'm adding the workflow i'm working with.

I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Inactive User 

I appreciate you including your workflow, but there were still several missing dependencies and I was unable to run the workflow. Let me rephrase my suggestion: all character replacements should be complete before any Reporting tools or Layout/Table/Header/Report Text/Report Map/Graph/etc fields are created.

To expand on this: if this is going to be a recurring issue in your work, make a character replacement macro and use it after every data input to your workflows. That way, as soon as any data in input to the workflow, any character issues are already resolved. 

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi 

I Used the formula just right after the simple table and before the text tool and that solved all my problems.

So you were right! I needed to aply the formula before layout tool.

Thanks

Labels