Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error using the Data Stream In tool(HTTP error 403 Forbidden)

HarryBott
5 - Atom

since 2022/08/02 I was trying to load data into the database using the Data Stream in tool. I have tried several times and always get the same error message 

Error: Data Stream In (19): Failed to retrieve upload redirect URL (hpccnp2.hpccn.ford.com:50070): HTTP Error 403: Forbidden - "Operation category WRITE is not supported in state standby. Visit https://s.apache.org/sbnn-error"

not sure if the issue is related to Alteryx configuration or others, previously I can always run it successfully.

Is there anyway to solve this error?

Thanks a lot in advane,

HarryBott_0-1659534558605.png

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I would check with one of your coworkers - It looks like maybe you are trying to write to a namenode in stand-by mode. Do you have a cluster on HA configuration? You will want to confirm that the namenode you are writing to is the active one in the request. 

HarryBott
5 - Atom

Sorry, can you give guide how to confirm if the name node is in standby mode. I did not do any change, and I will confirm with team if that is active or not.

thanks

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This is a question related to Hadoop, not Alteryx. I would reach out to your Hadoop admin to check if the namenode is active and they should be able to look at the status in CDH manager. 

HarryBott
5 - Atom

Thanks Man. the issue is fixed just now after I re-do the configuration for the In-DB connection. 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Excellent! Glad it worked out for you

Labels