Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Embedded New lines in a single cell

anjanarnair
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a input data set,it has some embedded new lines.I need to make a proper excel format based on this data set.

Here iam attaching the workflow which have the input text data ,Also iam attaching the expected output excel format.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Anjana

9 REPLIES 9
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @anjanarnair 

It's not pretty....but please find attached a workflow that seems to work. I've had to make a few assumptions as to the structure of the data in that the pattern is identical if you add more data, and the headers are static:

DavidSkaife_0-1660302627489.png

ncrlelia
11 - Bolide

Hi @anjanarnair,

Please see attached my suggestion. Hope it helps.

ncrlelia_1-1660559318745.png

Cheers,

Lelia

anjanarnair
7 - Meteor

You are right.Worked Fine.

Thank You!

anjanarnair
7 - Meteor

I was able to generate the csv.

Thank You!

anjanarnair
7 - Meteor

Hi @ncrlelia ,

I have a medical report workflow,which is also having embedded lines.It seems like some of the input text data is not need to generate the output.Iam attaching the workflow  along with the Text input  and Expected Csv file here.Could you please have a look into this and please help me to solve this.

Thanks,

Anjana

ncrlelia
11 - Bolide

Hi @anjanarnair 

Please see attached my suggestion. 

ncrlelia_0-1660877526311.png

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Lelia

anjanarnair
7 - Meteor

Hi @DavidSkaife 

I have a medical report workflow,which is also having embedded lines.It seems like some of the input text data is not need to generate the output.Iam attaching the workflow  along with the Text input  and Expected Csv file here.Could you please have a look into this and please help me to solve this.

Thanks,

Anjana

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @anjanarnair 

Please find attached, again made a few assumptions with the field names being static but this should be more dynamic as the number of accident months appears to differ per record:

DavidSkaife_0-1660901270669.png

Just out of interest is there any other way of obtaining the data, other than this csv format?

anjanarnair
7 - Meteor

Resolved!

Thank You.

Labels