Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email design

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I would like to design an email format with file attached, which will look like that :

I have tried to design it on the designer but I haven't got what I wanted

I would appreciate if you can help me out

Borisham_0-1621429547545.png

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Are you you using the Report Text tool prior to e-mail? If you are having trouble getting it to work with one tool - use two (ie one for header and one for logo and body)  and then a summarize after to combine them.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Borisham 

Creating custom reports is definitely possible upto certain extent but its like photoshop with alot of trial & error steps in designing.

Here is a workflow for your task. The idea is to position the components in a table and use column width and other table formatting options to fix the formatting. And we can use report text tool and attach it to top/bottom in its configuration.

atcodedog05_0-1621432149985.png

Output:

atcodedog05_1-1621432222661.png

This is just a rough mock up. You need do trail & error with format configuration setting to get the expected results.

Hope this helps 🙂

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Borisham 

Similar to the answer from @atcodedog05, but the final layout is done by a single Layout tool 

danilang_0-1621436345131.png

danilang_1-1621436365296.png

Dan

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danilang 

atcodedog05_0-1621436943976.png

After see this i was thinking how did you pull it off.

And Wow i didnt know this feature, that if you pass rows with multiple columns in a layout tool and set orientation to vertical then the column values will come one below other like rows.

This is amazing 😎 neat hack and great learning 🙂

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

Thanks you! that is brilliant!

Just would like to 2 things please :

1. Is there a way to change the format of email to HTML ?

2. I have received it on my outlook and it looks very big. I have tried to reduce the size of all the table but it still stayed the same.

How could I do it ?

Thanks

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Thanks @atcodedog05 

It's about the only time the I use Join Multiple since I usually need to do something with the non-joined records.

Dan

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Borisham 

If you are looking to reduce the size. You can use layout tool and set a fixed width.

atcodedog05_0-1621437358034.png

This might work

1st question i am not sure.

Hope this helps 🙂

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

@danilangThanks Dan, that is brilliant! Happy with the result!

Do you know a way to frame all of this in a square box ? Like a line around all of this email.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Borisham 

The easiest way to add a border is to the Border option in the Layout tool

danilang_0-1621593069991.png

danilang_1-1621593120001.png

Dan

Labels