Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Configuration

suby
Bolide

Hi All,

We're using the Microsoft Office Standard 2016 version I'm struggling to find the information on email configuration. like how to find the SMTP and Port and what's the Encryption.

Is there way to find these information on Microsoft Outlook Email Account  and im trying to use this functionality send an attachment as an email within my company. 

suby_0-1658925146631.png

4 RÉPONSES 4
Luke_C
Castor

Hi @suby 

Your best bet is to reach out to your company's IT Department. Usually it will be port 25 and the SMTP will be smtp.[your domain].com, however I have worked with companies who's SMTP is totally different than the domain in the emails.

Hi @suby, try this.

Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com

Port: 587

Encryption: STARTTLS

Link- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-8361e398-8af4-4e97-b147-6c6c4a...

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
suby
Bolide

Hi,

Getting an error  .

Start: Designer x64: Started running at 07/27/2022 13:57:35

Error: Email (2): Record#1: Couldn't resolve host name
End: Designer x64: Finished running in 3.1 seconds with 1 error

@suby  Try mail.yourcompany.com and port 25.  If your email address is suby@XYZ.com, your smtp would be mail.xyz.com.  And unless your company requires encryption, you can leave it as None.  Same with SMTP Encryption.

Étiquettes