Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Automation Multiple-Variable

Inactive User
Not applicable

Dear experts,

I need to send more than 200 emails to many clients with different variables, but I am quite new and need your help.

Please note that I have prepared the email template and highlighted in red the amounts and descriptions that should be replaced from the collection excel sheet (just 5 examples), please find them attached here.

Can anyone please help me with this and share his/her workflow? Can we please also exclude the null values?

Thank you,

Jack

4 REPLIES 4
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can create your report dynamically within a report text. You'll add in the variables by clicking "available fields" and adding them to the proper section of the text.

I added a data cleansing to remove the extra spaces and tabs in your client name field. I also checked the option to remove null rows to remove the extra row at the bottom.

To email out these reports, you can use the email tool. You'll need to set your SMTP and the from email. The to email can either be hardcoded as well, or dynamic using the field. In the example I've chosen the client email. The body is set to be the report text created.

Hope this helps!

echuong1_0-1610753668446.png

echuong1_1-1610753739468.png

echuong1_2-1610753852307.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi Echuong,

This is super helpful thank you.

Is there any way to exclude the amounts that are zero? Perhaps my using the Formula tool?

For example, for Jeff Green in the automated email it includes "December 2020 Amount not collected 0.00 USD, please refer to the ", I would be gladful if we can exclude this from the email.

Thank you again for your help, much appreciated.

Jack

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Absolutely!

I suggest building these into a formula to update the description field. In the attached, I wrote a conditional statement to build the entire statement for each month if the amount is greater than 0. If the amount is not greater than 0, it would leave a null in the field.

In the report text, I simply have all three in a row. If the update description contained text, it would be listed here. Otherwise it would be null and simply ignore it.

If this resolves your issue, please mark this thread as solved so others can find answers more easily! 

echuong1_0-1611063423317.png

echuong1_1-1611063480820.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi again,

There is still something off, please check the browse tool for "Jeff Green" for example:

It should show the amounts that were not collected in october (23000) and invoice #34568 and same for the december..

Jack-Harris_0-1611176219465.png

Labels