Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Attachment as data file

ak2018
8 - Asteroid

I notice that the Email Tool receives an input only. Is it possible to connect to a mailbox and retrieve the email and use the attached file as a data file? We work with outside party that emails us the file and unfortunately we have no way to automatically process it in Alteryx without manual intervention. Please advise. The file in question is a csv with predefined format. 

5 REPLIES 5
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @ak2018 

You can do it with the outlook 365 tool/outlook input tool, just download and install it: 

Outlook 365 Tool - Alteryx Community

Outlook Input Tool - Alteryx Community

ak2018
8 - Asteroid

Hi Felipe, we use Google Mail. Will this work with that? I presume it should if using POP/IMAP like settings. 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @ak2018 

I dont know to be honest with you, i have only used it with microsoft accounts.

But if it does not work, you can try these ones

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Download-Gmail-Attachments-with-Alteryx/ba-p/28823

ak2018
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Felipe. I saw the options that recommended using MS Access, which I think is not an option. Let me check this and give my feedback. Thank you so much for directing me to this one, @Felipe_Ribeir0 

GregCiul
6 - Meteoroid

I am able to save an attachment to a mapped drive path, but having trouble getting the Outlook 365 Input tool to recognize a UNC path.

Any suggestions?

Labels